As per the 9/5/18 CNN report, “California Sen. Kamala Harris — a potential 2020 presidential candidate — pushed President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to answer uncomfortable questions about abortion rights, Trump’s reaction to the Charlottesville white supremacist rally and his conversations with attorneys at the law firm representing Trump.”
“As Kavanaugh deflected questions on Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion rights, Harris asked: “Can you think of any laws that give government the power to make decisions about the male body?”“I’m not thinking of any right now, senator,” Kavanaugh responded.”
Here is the rest of the story…
On September 5, 2018, Bryan Logan of Business Insider penned the following report, ‘I think you’re thinking of someone and you don’t want to tell us’: Kamala Harris corners Brett Kavanaugh on a question about the Mueller investigation’
- A tense exchange between Sen. Kamala Harris of California and Brett Kavanaugh during the second day of his Senate confirmation hearing raised some eyebrows on Wednesday night.
- Harris asked Kavanaugh if he has ever discussed the special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation with attorneys at the Kasowitz, Benson and Torres law firm.
- Marc Kasowitz, a partner at the firm, is one of President Donald Trump’s personal lawyers.
- Kavanaugh appeared puzzled by the question, and asked Harris if she was referring to a specific person.
- Harris seemed unconvinced by Kavanaugh’s reaction. “I think you’re thinking of someone and you don’t want to tell us,” she said.
“Sen. Kamala Harris of California questioned Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh about the Russia investigation on the second day of his Senate confirmation hearing Wednesday.”
“During one tense exchange, Harris asked Kavanaugh if he had ever discussed the special counsel Robert Mueller or the Russia probe with anyone at the Kasowitz, Benson and Torres law firm. Marc Kasowitz, a partner at the firm, is one of President Donald Trump’s personal lawyers.”
“Mueller is leading the inquiry into Russia’s influence in the 2016 US presidential election and the investigation of whether Trump obstructed justice in the matter.”
Harris asked Kavanaugh: “Have you had any conversation about Robert Mueller or his investigation with anyone at that firm? Yes or no?”
“Is there a person you’re talking about?” Kavanaugh asked.
“I’m asking you a very direct question — yes or no?” Harris said.”
“I’m not sure I know everyone who works at that law firm,” Kavanaugh replied.”
“Harris’ question appeared to puzzle the Supreme Court nominee, who paused for long periods before asking the California senator if she wanted to know whether he spoke with a specific person at the firm about Mueller.”
“I think you’re thinking of someone and you don’t want to tell us,” Harris said, before rephrasing her question: “Did you speak with anyone at that law firm about Bob Mueller’s investigation?”
“I’m not remembering anything like that, but I want to know a roster of people, and I want to know more,” Kavanaugh said.”